Annual Fund FAQ's - Top 10
Q. WHAT IS THE ANNUAL FUND AND WHERE DOES THE MONEY RAISED GO?
- The mission of the Annual Fund is to help Concordia provide a transformative educational experience for our students while limiting our reliance on tuition. The Annual Fund has a significant qualitative effect on the school and its programs by providing unrestricted, immediate support of our operating budget. Gifts to the Annual Fund are used in the subsequent school year and provide a direct investment in:
- Professional Development for Teachers - Concordia teachers and academic leaders search for ways to make each student's learning experience better. Teachers know that when they expand their knowledge or learn new techniques it directly impacts a child's classroom experience.
- Technology and Curricular supplies - We are increasingly integrating technology into every aspect of the curriculum and is a critical component of our hands-on and project approaches to learning. Gifts to the Annual Fund support maintaining current technology whether that is iPads, access to databases and software, or science - music - art equipment that provides students with the tools to become problem solvers in our global society.
- Tuition/Scholarships - Concordia is committed to making this exceptional education possible for families who may not be able to afford the full cost associated with a Concordia education. With support from the Annual Fund,Concordia is able to provide this education opportunity to a wider range of students, creating an enriched and diverse learning community.
Q. WHY DOESN'T CONCORDIA INCREASE TUITION TO COVER THE FULL COST OF EDUCATING EACH STUDENT?
- The Annual Fund helps Concordia limit increases in tuition in order to remain competitive as well as to ensure that we don't prohibit many families from having the opportunity of a Concordia education. Moreover, the Concordia Lutheran Annual Fund is not solely the responsibility of our current families but rather a community effort. Through tax-deductible gifts to the Annual Fund, the generosity of all our donors help keep tuition costs more affordable and ensure Concordia maintains our standard of academic excellence for generations to come.
Q. WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THE ANNUAL FUND?
- The responsibility for maintaining and enhancing Concordia's excellence rests squarely on the shoulders of every member of the community who is a beneficiary of its past or guardian of its future.
We are fortunate to receive support for the Annual Fund from current families, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, faculty, staff, corporations, foundations and friends of the school. We believe this show of support from members of our entire community is a testament to the impact Concordia has had in the lives of so many students and their families for more than 100 years and to the difference it will make both in our community and our world in the years to come.
Q. WHY IS MY PARTICIPATION IMPORTANT?
- Concordia needs every member of the school community to make this institution a charitable giving priority through a gift to the Annual Fund. A high rate of participation demonstrates to other donors from whom we seek funding that those closest to Concordia go above and beyond in their support of the school. Decisions by foundations to support our school are positively influenced by strong, broad support to the Annual Fund. Every gift, no matter the size, is important.
Q. HOW DOES A GIFT TO THE ANNUAL FUND DIFFER FROM CAPITAL AND ENDOWMENT GIFTS?
- Periodic appeals are made for specific needs such as new construction, facility improvements and/or increases to the endowment. These appeals are typical during a capital campaign. While all of these projects are important to the health and longevity of Concordia, the Annual Fund addresses our most current needs and provides critical unrestricted support during the academic year, and thus is a top priority for the school every year.
Q. HOW MUCH SHOULD I GIVE TO THE ANNUAL FUND?
- Whether you give because the needs noted above resonate with you, or simply to support a school you have come to love, we ask that members of our community participate in giving to the best of their ability. Modeling healthy philanthropic habits is important for our children, and we hope you'll keep Concordia at the top of your philanthropic priority list.
- Gifts of all sizes will be gratefully received, well-utilized and acknowledged in the Annual Report unless the donor makes a specific request to remain anonymous. Gifts, are recognized as part of the following giving cirlcles:
Cross Circle............................$10,000+Blue & White Circle ............... $ 5,000+Founder Circle........................$ 1,900+Cubs Circle..............................$ 1,000+
Q. WHEN DOES THE ANNUAL FUND CAMPAIGN BEGIN AND END EACH YEAR?
- The Annual Fund campaign fiscal year begins on July 1, and closes on June 30, each year.
Q. THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO SUPPORT CONCORDIA LUTHERAN SCHOOL THROUGH PARENT ORGANIZATIONS, ETC. IF I SUPPORT THOSE EFFORTS, DO I NEED TO GIVE TO THE ANNUAL FUND AS WELL?
- At Concordia, as in typical Lutheran school communities, there are numerous opportunities to be involved and participate in supporting the school. We ask that each family, to the extent they are financially able, support the Annual Fund every year, and that they also participate in periodic appeals made for specific needs such as facility improvements, increases to the endowment and fundraising projects of our parent service organizations.
Since it provides for the school's core operating expenses,Concordia has deemed the Annual Fund a pre-eminent priority of the school. Our parent organizations play an important role in supporting our families, students and teachers through a variety of outreach and community building opportunities as well as fundraising activities. These organizations also offer fantastic opportunities to be actively involved in our community.
Q. HOW DO I MAKE A GIFT TO THE ANNUAL FUND?
- Concordia operates as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit independent day school and gifts to the school are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Cash/Check: Cash gifts or gifts made via check (payable to Concordia Lutheran School) can be sent to:
Concordia Lutheran School Annual Fund4245 Lake Ave.You may also take advantage our convenient online giving option. Click on the "Donate" logo at the top of the page to use this option where all major credit cards are accepted.Fort Wayne, IN 46815
Matching Gifts: Many corporations will match their employee's gift to Concordia. Any matching gifts will be combined with yours to determine the giving level at which you will be recognized. When applying for a match, companies often ask for the recipient organization's Federal Tax Identification Number (EIN). Concordia's EIN is 35-6000498. To find out if your company will match your gift to the Annual Fund, contact your Human Resources department.
Q. WHAT IF I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ANNUAL FUND?
- E-mail Principal Michael Rosin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 260-426-9922 Ext. 213
If you are interested in helping with any part of Concordia Lutheran School's Annual Fund efforts we encourage you to reach out and become involved.